I think we should get to know each other

I like to know who I am talking to and I like people to know who they are talking to. Because we are on a stringing forum, I don't want to see you, I want to see the extension of your body that we call a lacrosse stick. I want to see your whole stick not just the pocket, let us see what makes it "your" stick. I will start, but I will add more photos when I get home from work
IMG_20130618_173947.jpg
1944 x 2592 - 1M
IMG_20130520_124035.jpg
1944 x 2592 - 1M
Joe O'Neill
www.stringersshack.com
Manufacturer of Lacrosse Mesh and Stringing Supplies est.2008
#stringyourown
#stringitforward
Mark Donahuestickmanlax

Comments

• stickmanlaxstickmanlax Antwerp,Belgium
    This is me. :)
    IMAG0032.jpg
    1728 x 2592 - 1M
    IMG_0307.JPG
    3456 x 2304 - 4M
  • oglaxrat27oglaxrat27 Turners Falls, MA
    Since it's that time of year, I'm going to throw my first response up with what I'm using for box lacrosse this season. I've got 2 sticks that i've been using predominantly and one of them I restrung tonight. As a disclaimer, when it's spring/summer (aka field season) I play closed D and LSM. Box holds a special place in my heart as it is where I learned to play the game we all love. So first up is my Gait Torque that i've been using for the majority of our fall box season. 2nd is an Easton I strung up tonight with what I'm hoping to be our club teams colors for this winter's Matty Demaine Tournament and going forward. Last but not least is a Reebok 6K that I also restrung tonight with an Iroquois topstring in black and gold in honor of the Bruins opening night win. I am looking forward to breaking this one out in the box on saturday to rip some corners.

I'll follow up later this week with what I use for my D-poles during summer league and why I string each head how I do. Because it's all about preference and I prefer one head/pocket for closed D, one for LSM off the wing, and another if I'll be taking face-offs at the X.

Guys and gals, let's use this space as a chance to get to know one another and share tips/techniques. After 20+ years of playing, I realize more than ever, we need to be about growing the game and having some fun. Erase the hate when commenting or critiquing. I know my stringing is an ever evolving process, as should everyone's.

It's a blessing and a curse that I play summer league and box. The only restriction I have with my stick is the length of the shaft. With the change in the pocket regulations for NCAA, I've made an attempt to pull myself away from U shooters and the bagged out pockets I've been accustomed to and made work over the years. Not because I had to, but because I've looked at it as a new challenge to be creative in the stringing department. Plus, the kids I coach will soon be following these regulations and I'd prefer to teach them how to string for where they'll be, instead of for what will make it easier now.

And don't let these 3 mesh pockets fool you. I have a love for traditional and feel everyone should learn to string both traditional and mesh. There's nothing better than having a downpour start in the middle of a game and being able to adjust your stick yourself on the sideline and continue to rip corners, while everyone else is throwing into the ground. Your stick, your wand, your spoon, call it what you will; make it your own, learn to fix, net, adjust and tweak. Without it, we are nothing. #stringyourown #stringtrad #stringitforward image
    IMG_3443.JPG
    2352 x 1568 - 2M
    IMG_3445.JPG
    2352 x 1568 - 2M
    IMG_3447.JPG
    2352 x 1568 - 2M
    #stringyourown #stringtrad #stringitforward

Let's grow the game and spread the word.

Rick Kovalsick
    Promo Lacrosse
    Custom Lacrosse Uniforms

IG: OGLaxRat_27
    stickmanlax
  • Here's mine
    010.JPG
    1504 x 1000 - 396K
    012.JPG
    1504 x 1000 - 400K
  • thestringer7thestringer7 big rapids, mi
    figured i'd hop in the pictures as it is about meeting "me" aha
    picture030.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 147K
    picture031.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 142K
    picture032.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 147K
  • @thestringer7 nice, College legal?
    Joe O'Neill
    www.stringersshack.com
    Manufacturer of Lacrosse Mesh and Stringing Supplies est.2008
    #stringyourown
    #stringitforward
  • thestringer7thestringer7 big rapids, mi
    @stringershack yes! using it for my club team in the MCLA this fall ball year and hopefully into the upcoming spring season.