Members of LaxAllStars.com now receive 15% off at COMLAX.COM!

Concussions in Lacrosse: Part 1 of 3

edited November 2013 in Training
imageConcussions in Lacrosse: Part 1 of 3

Over the past few months, concussions have been gaining more and more attention in the media, schools, sports leagues, and the medical world. FRONTLINE recently aired League of Denial: The NFL’s Concussion Crisis, which left viewers reeling about the subject. Around the same time, Lacrosse Magazine published a few stories on concussions, including one featuring former Duke and Cannons stand-out Brad Ross.

Read the full story here

Post edited by Mark Donahue on

Comments

• Great article, I know from first hand the dangers of concussions. Sustained 4 in one year playing box lacrosse (2 of which were not diagnosed until later because I wanted to keep playing). Even after one concussion the likeliness of concussions moving forward increases as well as the time it takes to recover. Trust me Post-Concussion Syndrome is nothing to joke about and is not worth continuing to play if you know you have had a concussion.
  • thestringer7thestringer7 big rapids, mi
    I fully agree with @ilstatelax19 . Concussions are nothing to mess around with. I've had 5 now that are "documented" by a doctor. I've had two other occasions in games where I've been hit in the head or once I had my head pretty much sandwiched (no call btw) and I felt the effects for the next few weeks. Those times I could tell I had at least had a slight concussion because in my past ones I had, it was constant headaches for weeks. Its terrible. Those two times I was hit in the game, I never said anything and kept playing. I suggest if this happens to you, don't be the idiot like I was. Tell someone and get checked out. The headaches suck and playing ten more minutes in the game isn't worth feeling like a zombie for weeks after. Nothing is worth more then your health and well-being!
  • Fantastic post Nick, will be following your series closely. We need more guys like you spreading awareness.
    scriff