Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

Members of LaxAllStars.com now receive 15% off at COMLAX.COM!

Rubber Mesh?

When I was at Lorne Smith this year my buddies each bought a piece of rubber mesh? I had never heard of this but it looked really odd? Does anyone know about this and if its good or not?
ARCHONLacrosse

Comments

• jackmishjackmish Durham, NC
    Its pretty good stuff, depending on where you get it, gonzo mesh is pretty good, a bit pricey but solid product.
    Basically rubber mesh is just mesh coated in rubber, but it creates a little hold, weatherproofs it slightly, and it lasts a good while.

Here is the company's website.
    http://gonzopockets.co
    ARCHONLacrosse
  • We have been infusing mesh with rubber since 2008. We use a latex rubber solution and change the hardness of the mesh with the ratios in the solution.
    jackmish
  • ARCHON LACROSSE LLC

We sell a composite mesh that utilizes properties of elastomers such as rubber while not only maintaining but actually enhancing the properties current untreated mesh. We use a chemical process called vulcanization that converts rubber into more durable materials. This chemical process is commonly used in the car tire industry to produce tires that are wear resistant enough to withstand braking and maneuvering at the ultra high speeds of Nascar. Properties like elasticity, unique friction characteristics, and water resistivity are utilized in composite vulcanized mesh producing a new breed of mesh superior to the old. As a materials analyst for ARCHON I would be inclined to say that the future of lacrosse mesh is leaning towards composite solutions and based on functionality vulcanized composite mesh is winning the race thus far. A new era of mesh standards is arising and composite mesh is very likely to be the standard soon. So, my advice...forget any negative connotations towards seemingly unconventional types of mesh and recognize a new standard for your game that is, more or less, inevitable anyway. I know I would be the first to up my game. For any questions email ARCHONLacrosse@gmail.com.