Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

Members of LaxAllStars.com now receive 15% off at COMLAX.COM!

VOTE NOW: MCLA Helmet Design Contest

StaffStaff Boise & Brooklyn
edited November 2013 in Open Forum
imageVOTE NOW: MCLA Helmet Design Contest

Gather round ladies and gentleman, it’s time for Part 2 of the MCLA Helmet Design Contest! With over 250 unique designs entered and many, many MCLA teams represented, it's time to open up the contest for voting.

Read the full story here

Ryan MulvaneyNoneyabusiness

Comments

• Ryan MulvaneyRyan Mulvaney Supreme Overlord Caldwell, ID
    Odds are totally stacked against me in this contest. LOL
    jackmish
  • jackmishjackmish Durham, NC
    I'm so confused about it all, I went from 9 two days ago to 40 awesomes. Either some MSU fans are coordinating or I'm getting spammed.
  • socolax2socolax2 CT's finest
    edited December 2013
    I'm getting very fed up. People keep flagging my post for spam when all I am doing is going on social media and getting friends to support my design. I thought the whole point of being able to share my link was to do just that?

And jack, if you'll notice, all of the MSU dudes are voting for all of the MSU designs. The MSU dudes are also the ones flagging me and the Appalachian State design for spam.
    Post edited by socolax2 on
    ryankentSpartanLax99
  • @socolax2 we are monitoring the contest and aware when things are marked as spam. Please refrain from marking others' entries as spam and we will make sure your entry is restored. Thx!
    Understood. Are the entries who's pictures have been removed, now out of the contest?
    edited December 2013
    @socolax2 yeah I don't know whats up with the spam, a boneheaded friend of mine was creating accounts for my helmet. I asked him and he said he did not give any spams, I apologize if he still lying to me about this now that he knows I'm angry with him. Best of luck with your design!
    Post edited by jackmish on
    I think there should be a new way to pick winners for the future. There's a lot of unethical actions going into a contest with voting. People flagging posts, creating multiple accounts just to vote, etc. I don't want to see any ill will among people on the forums.
    @jackmish thanks, and thanks for the vote as well.

@Rydensaur this happens with any kind of voting contest, the staff is doing a good job and just needs to go through and check IPs and accounts to be sure. I posted my link on my facebook page for my friends to like, honestly I didn't even think that the others were making fake accounts until I was being flagged for spam.

I am honestly just happy to see so many of my friends supporting me and liking my design. I hope to win but if I don't, its cool to see all the different designs going on. I would have never thought the ones who have a lot of votes would do so well, I was expecting a few others to be higher.
    Mark DonahueSpartanLax99
    @socolax2 I'm not saying it's necessarily bad that people are voting. It's the bad intentions behind them that make the thread unappealing. After seeing all the spam go up I decided that I don't really want to participate. I love seeing the support you're getting but all the disagrees and flags on people's posts really makes me sad. This forum is supposed to #GrowTheGame and not harbor any ill will. I hope you win. It seems like you have a lot of support and I think that's something that should be awarded the helmet. If your family and friends believe that your dedication to lacrosse is worth the few minutes to make an account and vote for your design then go you! I just hope the end up using those accounts at some point to make the forums more lively moving forward.

@jackmish You know how I feel about your design and you know what...if you win then by all means take the win. your friend was supporting you and even though his actions were a little sketchy his heart was in the right place.

I wish everyone luck on this contest and I'll be giving out awesomes left and right. Let's make this thing even more interesting than it already is
    Mark Donahue
    edited December 2013
    @Rydensaur This is the thing. Disagree and stuff is there for a reason. People do not always agree, we don't have the same opinions, and that is OK. I don't think its "ill will" to not think the same things as other people, the world doesn't work like that. If someone doesn't like my design, that's not a personal attack on me, and vice vursa. That's life man. You can't please everybody, and not everyone's intentions are pure. That is why moderation is in place. You can't let something awesome like this get ruined because of the potential it has to go awry, just gotta let it ride.

I hope LAS continues to do stuff like this.
    Post edited by socolax2 on
    Mark DonahueSpartanLax99
  • Jeff BrunelleJeff Brunelle CEO, LaxAllStars.com Boise, Idaho
    Thanks for all the input, fellas. Spamming or "cheating" is automatically detected in our system and we will handle it appropriately to accurately determine the winner. We will certainly continue to host contests like this as we feel that it helps spread the word to fans and potential fans alike.
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I didn't realize it at first but as my friends discovered it first to make a helmet because they thought it was cool, they also discovered the site and learned about the forums themselves. I think this was a good idea overall. Plus it really brings attention to the MCLA, which I think is overlooked a lot because of the NCAA being such a big presence in collegiate sports.

Good luck to everybody!

EDIT: Thanks for removing the fake accounts that affected my entry.
    Post edited by jackmish on
    I'm curious, did you guys go through and clear all of the duplicate votes for everyone?

And its great to hear that you guys will continue to do this. I enjoy these forums and the voice they give to MCLA lacrosse, whereas the focus on many other pages is on the NCAA and elite HS teams. The MCLA definitely needs a place where we can discuss things on a national level. Keep up the good work guys!
    Mark DonahueSpartanLax99jackmish
  • @socolax2 fake accounts and their content, including votes, are detected and cleared on an ongoing basis.
  • I can not see how stenis is possibly getting so many votes so quickly! It seems almost impossible to do such a thing so quickly. I really like the idea of this, it helps spread and grow the game of lacrosse!
  • Out of curiosity when it says voting ends at midnight tomorrow. Is it midnight eastern standard time or what time zone is midnight counted as? Thanks
  • hi there SpartanLax 99 :) i see u are getting votes pretty fast too :). I have to ask you something where is your project of the helmet :) ?
  • It was taken down earlier due to people clicking the flag button, it was never put back up. I can show you if you want! It looks pretty cool.
    Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 7.21.54 PM.png
    1278 x 669 - 441K
  • *Correction - Voting will close at MIDNIGHT PACIFIC TIME tonight as we are posting a gallery of all entries on Facebook tonight but the upload process is going slow. We want to post the gallery and give people enough time to vote.
  • Guys i don't get it why SpartanLax has 271 votes but he has less votes than me ?:) i don't get it i counted those small square with hearths and he has about 158 votes ? What is going on?
  • image i mean its not even close to 271
  • to compare for everybody there is 254 collected by me

• @stenis SpartanLax got 271 votes, but many of the accounts that voted for him were flagged for use of the same IP address. Once an account is flagged, its picture does not appear and that is why you are not seeing all 271 avatars on @SpartanLax99's entry. Further investigation led us to this conclusion: SpartanLax99 convinced many of his friends to sign up via our Facebook connect function and vote for him in the library and at other campus venues, which explains these accounts sharing the same IP.

All that being said, official votes are still being tallied and we will announce the winner later this week in our Weekly Draw newsletter. Thanks to everyone involved!
  • it is tuesday and still no results ?