Dropped top string advice

I got a new head recently and I needed some advice on how to string it well. I have a tribe 7 sceptre 7 head that I am going to string but need advice on how to do it. I know I most likely will have to have a dropped top string like an Iroquois or Huron but I am unsure as what I would have to do for the pocket. Do you start the pocket as if it were the top of the head even though it is a few inches down or is there some trick to it? I am trying to get a mid pocket that is fairly shifty and has a smooth release but I'm not sure how to approach this as I have never strung a pocket with a dropped topstring.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• jackmishjackmish Durham, NC
    edited December 2013
    I have used a ghost in the past by tribe 7 and adored it. If you use a huron or iroquois I recommend interlocking twice or using two knots, then having your first single or double by a 1i or 2i. I use a similar pocket myself. If you want a pattern for that head pm me.

Also another alternative I have started using more and more is the chenango top string. LAS has a great tutorial on youtube and I have a post on it as well and will gladly help think of an alternate pattern as well since you need to alter your amount of interlocks or other tight knots. I've strung 4 sceptres for customers so I'd be glad to offer any advice you'd like. Hope I can help.
    Post edited by jackmish on
    #stringyourown

Grow the Game
  • The Tribe 7 heads are tailor made for a good Chenango top string. Agree wholeheartedly with Jackmish.