How to soften mesh?

Hey guys just strung up a stick, it's working pretty well but the mesh is just a little on the hard side any ideas how soften it?

Comments

• Ryan MulvaneyRyan Mulvaney Supreme Overlord Caldwell, ID
    WALL BALL! Next time break in your mesh before you string it up. Easiest way for me is to run it through the washer and dryer when I'm doing a load of laundry. There's a million different ways that work for other people like soaking it in warm water, putting conditioner on it, or doing it old school and just pounding the hell out of the pocket when it's strung up. Go hit the wall and break it in the rest of the way. You'll soften up the mesh in no time and get a couple good reps in.
    #YoteFam
    #GrowTheGame
    #StringYourOwn
    #StringItForward

College of Idaho Lacrosse
    Midfield
    Class of 2015
    jackmishKevin Rowen
  • pandapanda Waxhaw NC
    I rub lotion on the front and the back of mesh
  • i wouldnt use lotion,its too greasy. rub conditioner in the mesh and use nearly boiling water to wash it out
  • jackmishjackmish Durham, NC

WALL BALL! Next time break in your mesh before you string it up. Easiest way for me is to run it through the washer and dryer when I'm doing a load of laundry. There's a million different ways that work for other people like soaking it in warm water, putting conditioner on it, or doing it old school and just pounding the hell out of the pocket when it's strung up. Go hit the wall and break it in the rest of the way. You'll soften up the mesh in no time and get a couple good reps in.

To expand on this, as you should usually play wall ball this way, make your passes HARD. It really gets the mesh broken in, soft passes do a whole lot less for break in time.
    #stringyourown

Grow the Game
  • Before stringing the head, take the unstretched piece of hard mesh and let it soak in hot, almost boiling, water for a few minutes (I usually use a coffee mug and roll the mesh up to fit inside). After you take it out of the water, stretch it out and let it dry a bit and then string the head.

If you've already strung the head, I've found that Windex helps soften the mesh up a bit, but it takes a couple of sprays.

Obviously using the stick is the BEST way to break in your pocket, but these should help you reduce the rigidness that some hard mesh has when you first get it.