Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

Members of LaxAllStars.com now receive 15% off at COMLAX.COM!

Making the Grade: SLC DII

edited January 10 in MCLA Water Cooler

imageMaking the Grade: SLC DII

Leading in to the 2014 MCLA season we will be breaking down and grading the schedules for every conference and the teams in each division. Today we review the SLC Division II.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Stoked to see this. My Tigers were a lot of fun to watch on TLN last year, and I hope I get to catch a few more games. Could this be the year we take down Claremont?

I'm a little confused about Biola getting a B- on their schedule. They're playing OOC games against other DIIs, which is really important for legitimizing DII as a real intercollegiate sport on campus.
  • Ryan MulvaneyRyan Mulvaney Supreme Overlord Caldwell, ID
    @Cam The B- for Biola, in my opinion, has to do with their extremely long schedule compared to the rest of the division and the OOC match-ups are against schools that had a similar record last season. Last season's schedule would have gotten a higher ranking because of the two games against Concordia, Portland, and Westminster. There's no BIG name match-up this season. That's just my opinion though.
  • socolax2socolax2 CT's finest

@Cam The B- for Biola, in my opinion, has to do with their extremely long schedule compared to the rest of the division and the OOC match-ups are against schools that had a similar record last season. Last season's schedule would have gotten a higher ranking because of the two games against Concordia, Portland, and Westminster. There's no BIG name match-up this season. That's just my opinion though.

Wait, are you saying they're being penalized for more games?
  • Ryan MulvaneyRyan Mulvaney Supreme Overlord Caldwell, ID
    @socolax2 Not at all. The length of their schedule in comparison to the rest of the division is why I would give them a B-. They have a majority of their divisional games in the second half of the season and those games include CSF, OCC, and PEPP. I take everything into consideration when I rank schools and I can't rank a team's schedule higher just because it's longer. Quality over quantity.
  • Biola's schedule this year was tamed down compared to last year to help jump start us and get us back on track. Last year's schedule had a few more D1 and highly ranked D2 teams, and it did not do us any favors. I also agree with Cam about playing more games against D2 teams. I'm a strong believer in the D2 becoming less of a "feeder" level.

As for Cal Lutheran, you won't find a schedule for them. They did not participate in the conference meeting, and as far as I know won't be playing this year.