Members of LaxAllStars.com now receive 15% off at COMLAX.COM!

Good to Know

I've been working the weights lately and have been doing to usual benching, squats, skull crushers, bicep curls, shoulder workouts and more, but I had an idea. I do a lot of 1 on 1s with my teammates, and am getting hit hard and it hurts, so I came to the question, "What muscles should I work, so it won't hurt when I take hits?" I found that I mostly get hit in the area between the elbow pads and the shoulder pads, so I did some research on the arm muscles and some workouts to help getting hit here not hurt so much. image Here the muscle we are talking about is called the Brachialis. Some workouts to gain muscle here (which obviously will make it so it doesn't hurt so much to get hit) are hammer curls, short grip curls, standing cambered bar curls, etc. This is only one muscle, but since this is a thread, you can all post! Some muscles to discuss are your shoulders, around your collar bone, chest, abs, and the kidney area. Relate them all to how they will help protect you from the pain of a good check. Thanks
stickmanlax

Comments