Members of LaxAllStars.com now receive 15% off at COMLAX.COM!

Starting LSM Face off help

Hey guys im starting to face off as a pole and i was looking for some tips. I know the basics and know most of the terms when it comes to facing off. I have 3 practicing drills that i do before practice every day. 1) chops over the ball in sets of 10 seconds (i usually do about 3-6 sets to warm up) 2) basic clamping, i just clamp the ball to practice the speed (P.S. i use the motorcycle grip). 3) i practice everything put together, right now in slow motion just to get myself used to doing the motion. i usually have my left foot back and my right foot up, i sit on the heels of my feet. Please let me know how all of that sounds and if i should add anything to my pre-practice drills and if there are any tricks that are good for facing off with a pole

Comments

• stickmanlaxstickmanlax Antwerp,Belgium
    I was ones told it was better not to use moto-grip with a pole. I guess the theory behind this is that with moto-grip you would have to let go of the stick to switch your hand before being able to get the GB. With a shortstick this is not that hard but with a pole in traffic after the face-off? That might get you in trouble. I got that piece of advice from Coach Joe Cuozzo of Ward Melville who was present on a FIL training weekend in Belgium few years ago.
    lax247
  • I was ones told it was better not to use moto-grip with a pole. I guess the theory behind this is that with moto-grip you would have to let go of the stick to switch your hand before being able to get the GB. With a shortstick this is not that hard but with a pole in traffic after the face-off? That might get you in trouble. I got that piece of advice from Coach Joe Cuozzo of Ward Melville who was present on a FIL training weekend in Belgium few years ago.

yeah i see what u mean with the motogrip, ill work on that. thanks for the help. If u have any friends that know a lot about facingoff with a pole, tell them to hop on over here!