Traditional Thursday: College Legal Pita

edited February 6 in Traditional
imageTraditional Thursday: College Legal Pita

Talking college legal pita pockets! If you want to use traditional in college, the best way to do it is to string a low pocket with your leather and cross lace, and then let the pocket move up in the head as it breaks in.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ryan MulvaneyRyan Mulvaney Supreme Overlord Caldwell, ID
    Really excited to see how it turns out. I think I need to go back and measure how low my shooters are on my pocket. I usually string my pocket mid-high from the start and then pound it in and wall ball until it breaks in. My pockets start out pretty shallow, but after a few days it starts to get deeper.
    #YoteFam
    #GrowTheGame
    #StringYourOwn
    #StringItForward

College of Idaho Lacrosse
    Midfield
    Class of 2015
    Connor Wilson
  • Connor, I know I'm kind of splitting hairs here, but this seems like a valid place to get your opinion/answer. Looking at your sidewalls, I see you ran them over each other, just as the Stanwick's father does theirs. However, I was under the impression that under the new rule changes for college that the sidewall can only be ran in one direction in hopes of eliminating the double sidewalls that some folks have used in the past. If this is true, does that make this technique illegal? I know Wells used his at Hop this year with the same sidewall you have here. Any insight/thoughts?

P.S. just threw a 6D trad in my new torque, be on the lookout for it!

-tBird
  • thestringer7thestringer7 big rapids, mi
    I believe it does make this technique illegal. I was going through the rule-book a few weeks back and I'm pretty sure I saw that in there. @tBird_SSlax
  • Connor, I know I'm kind of splitting hairs here, but this seems like a valid place to get your opinion/answer. Looking at your sidewalls, I see you ran them over each other, just as the Stanwick's father does theirs. However, I was under the impression that under the new rule changes for college that the sidewall can only be ran in one direction in hopes of eliminating the double sidewalls that some folks have used in the past. If this is true, does that make this technique illegal? I know Wells used his at Hop this year with the same sidewall you have here. Any insight/thoughts?

P.S. just threw a 6D trad in my new torque, be on the lookout for it!

-tBird

This is a GREAT question. (I believe, but could be wrong) The rule says you can only have one sidewall string, but makes no mention of how many times it can be run up and down. Since I use one piece to go down then back up, I BELIEVE it is still kosher... I am pretty sure the one string rule was for stuff like this:

http://sweet.laxallstars.com/files/2011/10/1.jpg

Content Editor - LaxAllStars.com
    you can reach me through info@lacrosseallstars.com