Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

Members of LaxAllStars.com now receive 15% off at COMLAX.COM!

Tape On Players Sticks

I can't find if this question has been answered on LAS anywhere so if it has feel free to point me in the right direction.

We ran into a lot of confusion last game with tape on players sticks. The refs came out before the game and rightfully quoted Rule 1 below. One of our guys failed to comply with this rule and was hit with a 3 min NR penalty. I couldn't find in the rules where it says the variety of minutes served for tape so I wanted to confirm that.

Under Rule 1 Equipment it states that "No crosse may have any tape affixed to the plastic. This does not include the crosse of a goalkeeper. Otherwise, players may tape the handles of their crosse in the same traditional manner."

Second in the refs in their quoting of Rule 1 may have misquoted Rule 4 below by saying that every player besides goalies may not have tape on their stick at all. My understanding is that FOS guys must have tape on their stick by the head just not on it. What are others thoughts?

Under Rule 4 it states that "A single-wrap of tape must be applied to the handle of the crosse for any player taking a face-off. The tape is to begin (but not touching the plastic at the throat of the crosse and continuing six inches down the handle. Tape must be of contrasting color to the head, gloves, and shaft."

Lastly, we have a lot of guys complaining about the rattle on their sticks which was previously solved by using tape to hold it in place. We asked the officials what their feeling was on having tape on the shaft under the head to make the head fit snugger. Our response was that they simply weren't going to nitpick and it probably wouldn't be a problem. Any other refs on here want to add or subtract from that?

Thanks

Comments