Members of LaxAllStars.com now receive 15% off at COMLAX.COM!

Chenango Top String For Faceoffs

Mark DonahueMark Donahue Video King!Boise, ID
From our buddy, Trey. What do you guys think? I reffed a kid that wan 90% of his faceoffs his week and he used a Chenango, does the pocket help the player?

"Do you think a Chenango top string would work to face off with a Maverik Spider one? Or should I just stick to a normal stringing?"
Tagged:

Comments

• thestringer7thestringer7 big rapids, mi
    I would think it could possibly help him out a little bit. The Chenango top string just gives you a good, defined channel, so that may have been helping him win more. But most likely I would just say its the Fogo himself. I'd work on your skills on FO's before you go drastically changing your pocket up. #ItsTheWizard #NotTheWand
    Kevin Rowen
  • jackmishjackmish Durham, NC
    Same @thestringer7‌, but I see how it would beneficial besides the channel in my opinion pocket wise, one thing that I've noticed while stringing a ton of FOGO heads is that when you si or stack si's or interlocks to create depth it bunches the mesh in a way that in the back of the head it is more obstructive. This allows for the ball, no matter how pinched the head is, to be kept in the back of the head easier because it has mesh clenching it in as well. I can post pics or send them to the guy asking, but I think it wouldn't hurt to use a chenango because you don't have to use as many mesh holes to create as nice a channel, allowing for more focus mesh wise to be placed on depth and not making the si's channel the ball more. A head I recommend for it is the Blade Pro, I can post a pic of one of my teammates I will be doing and this post gave me the idea to give him a chenango now, It could really affect it. But in all honesty that kid you reffed @"Mark Donahue"‌ won because he was good, not because of his stick. He's right, it's the wizard not the wand but the wand can still change how the wizard works his magic.
  • Mark DonahueMark Donahue Video King! Boise, ID
    @jackmish He was incredible, it was definitely the wizard. He just had a pretty dyed NOZ with Galaxy Money Mesh with the Chenango top and it looked really good. I didn't know if the Chenango gave him even the slightest advantage when it came to an even match. Maybe it did?!