Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

Members of LaxAllStars.com now receive 15% off at COMLAX.COM!

Lacrosse Sticks On Airplanes Once Again OK

StaffStaff Boise & Brooklyn
edited June 2013 in Open Forum

imageLacrosse Sticks On Airplanes Once Again OK

The TSA will allow people to carry lacrosse sticks, and a number of other items on to planes now, including small knives. Is this a good idea?

Read the full story here

taschemb

Comments

• Finalllllllly:>>>>>
    scearley
  • Ryan MulvaneyRyan Mulvaney Supreme Overlord Caldwell, ID
    ekeown said:

Time to write a new article, the TSA reversed their decision today after much opposition from Congress and the airline industry.

This is getting ridiculous. I've been looking for an article on this. Could you link me @ekeown?
  • Rydensaur said:

This is getting ridiculous. I've been looking for an article on this. Could you link me @ekeown?

@Rydensaur, here is the official listing that shows a lacrosse stick a a prohibited carry on, straight from TSA's website: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items#5

Here is an article on the reversal as well: http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/05/travel/tsa-knives/index.html

You'll notice that the focus is on small knives, but the ruling that was going to allow knives is also the ruling that was going to allow sporting equipment, like a lacrosse stick. So, when they decided not to allow knives, they also decided to not allow lacrosse sticks.

Craven
  • Ryan MulvaneyRyan Mulvaney Supreme Overlord Caldwell, ID
    Thanks! It's good to see that ice skates can still be brought onto a plane. Because those aren't dangerous or sharp (heavy sarcasm). I wonder how specific TSA would get on this. Would they let me walk through security with just a head? Or maybe just a shaft? Or what about both if they were separate parts? I would love to get some specifics on clarification from TSA just to be nosy, obnoxious, and well informed.
  • oglaxrat27oglaxrat27 Turners Falls, MA
    The way that I look at it, is pack our heads in our carryon and shafts in our checked bags. All in all, a shaft may be more expensive to replace, but no one wants to lose their perfectly broken in pocket. TSA should realize, no one is going to take over a plane with a lax stick, but could provide some good defense against someone else with the wrong ideas aboard our plane.
    jackmishstringershacktaschemb
  • thestringer7thestringer7 big rapids, mi
    i'm hoping that they change this before december. i plan on taking my stick to texas one way or another. worst comes to worst, i'll take it apart and stick the head in my carry-on and the shaft in my bag. I wouldn't trust my head with the airlines the way they just toss around peoples bags.
  • Make sure you don't bring them into a Holiday Inn......I was asked to get them out of the building, they have a paper that says no sporting equipment allowed.
  • jonnya2007jonnya2007 Nottingham, England
    That is pretty crazy. When I travelled to the states the shaft did fit perfectly in my suitcase, I took two and arrange them in a X a cross the case. The heads when in my hand luggage to play with during the flight.