Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

Members of LaxAllStars.com now receive 15% off at COMLAX.COM!

Disgruntled coaches, MadLax, summer clubs, and dealing with pressure.

Mark DonahueMark Donahue Video King!Boise, ID
http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Hey guys I wanted to share an article from Deadspin titled, "Hey Ungrateful Quitter". It is an article written by a clear Hater of lax, but that's not what is important, what is important is the series of emails a club coach has sent to, what we can only assume, a 7th or 8th grader. If any of you have played for coach Maddux I really want to hear your voice!! Has the truth been stretched here or is this a common trend? I honestly have no opinion about MadLax, but I do have an opinion on how you should talk to students, athletes, parents and supporters. Hypothetically, even if the parents wrote really nasty and vulger messages to the coach, I don't see any room for an employee of a company, especially the founder, to say such things to or about a family that has paid big bucks to be a part of the program, let alone any player, especially of this age. In my opinion, if choice words were actually needed to be heard, a more personal conversation would be more appropriate, not putting such disttasteful comments in to a series of e-mail which later can, and will, be used against your business.

Again let me know if you have dealt with Maddux personally, I would like to know more about these types of issues.

If it is what it is made out to be, I'm appologizing to any players out there that have experienced anything like this, lacrosse should be about doing what you love and you should never feel any extra pressure from the coaches and teammate, except what is necessary to succeed and become a better teammate. Also, one coach will never be the deciding factor on where you end up playing lax in college. I want to hear more from you!

-Mark

Comments