Good stringings for middie heads

I'm am a physical middie who loves to be able to shot and feed to teammates on the ofensive. I ocasionlly take faceoff and I play attacking the ball again heavy contact then I usally win ground ball but I need to be able to have a pocket that will give decent release and great handiling. I am often turned to, when we need to take it coast to coast. I really don't mind if its a trad or mesh. I need some real help and you got it.

Comments

• jackmishjackmish Durham, NC
    I recommend a solid mid pocket, I couldn't say anything specific about your pocket without knowing your head. But either low pocket with quick release or mid with high straight shooters so you can face off well. don't go with a high pocket though, it will have hold and release but won't carry all too well and if your a face off guy I don't recommend it. I'd love to know what head you use because I've strung a lot of face off guy and middie pockets and I hope to help more than just this.
    #stringyourown

Grow the Game
    teamgoon68
  • I want to say a mid pocket would suit you, but it also seems like a low pocket would do the job well also. I want to suggest a shifty 6 diamond traditional. It should serve you perfectly.
    teamgoon68
  • I use a Proton Power if that helps anybody.
  • jackmishjackmish Durham, NC
    @teamgoon68 I used to be a huge PP guy. A pattern I used for my heads and customers was the following:

9D Top String
    Starting at the first sidewall hole: i, skip, i, i, 3, 2, 1i. Then I usually did the bottom string with going through the next 10D row by going through the middle 2 diamonds to make it a more defined mid pocket, if you want it to bag a little more then you can weave but that 1i at the bottom will do you great and won't sag it too much.

Hope this helps.
    #stringyourown

Grow the Game
  • pagano92pagano92 Ontario, Canada
    I think you would probably be looking for a nice mid pocket with a not to tight but now loose channel, I am a big shooter and give out feeds across the crease as an attack man and I have always used a Lakota with a mid pocket, medium channel, and a nylon on the top along with your shooting string pattern always give it a nice little snap for feeds and a nice release for your shots