Chenango Topstring

jackmishjackmish Durham, NC
Yesterday, Greg from @eastcoastdyes released a video of a Chenango Topstring he strung after seeing it on Instagram from people who watched Matt Pratt use it during the 2013 season. Naturally I had to try my hand at it. I did it differently than he did I believe but I think it turned out quite well. Instead of his triangle topstring he used I pull a separate string through the top of two mesh holes on each side and locked it to the top, not too tight but taut enough that it won't move around. When stringing this top string you don't need to do this or the Triangle variant either, I did it for style and to ensure that it would stand the test of time.
I think it creates a really good channel, which I believe is the point of it altogether. Although stringing the pocket proved to be a small endeavor since there was already a channel to begin with. I only interlocked 3 times before doubling up. More advanced stringers could probably learn this from sight fairly easily but if anyone has any questions ask away. I also did a kind of looping with the main top string through the top row of mesh leading to the scoop. Thanks.

Link to video:
photo 1.JPG
2592 x 1936 - 2M
photo 2.JPG
2592 x 1936 - 2M
photo 3.JPG
2592 x 1936 - 2M
photo 4.JPG
2592 x 1936 - 2M
#stringyourown

Grow the Game
LaxAllStarsRyan Mulvaneyscearleynaisa15Rizckah